Thursday, January 7, 2010

Highly Recommended


Every day (or as often as I find them) I'm going to recommend web sites and/or applications that I know you will find helpful.  Here's the first:    http://www.spaaze.com
Spaaze looks and acts like a giant cork-board on your desktop.  After signing in, drag the bookmarklet up to your "bookmarks toolbar".  Then whenever you find an interesting web page, click on the Spaaze bookmarklet and a link to the new page will be added to your corkboard.  I have "hotspots" on my board for: "read laters", "daily web sites", "e-mail accounts", etc..  I also keep post-it notes with to-do lists and reminders.  Your spaaze is reachable from any pc or laptop.  Spaaze, used in combination with Firefox add-ons "X-Marks" and "Read-It-Later", really help save time and frustration when you need to find/keep some web-based info.  You do use Firefox as your web browser I assume.  Opera is good also.  I use two side-by-side monitors that make up one desktop - and quite often have both Firefox and Opera open at the same time.  Some sites (but not all) just seem to work better in Opera,  although the add-ons for Firefox make it indispensable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

IBC Memphis 2010